Fan bracket is loose

I have a 1991 lexus and the fan bracket( or the part that the fan pully sits on) is wobbling a little. So when the car starts it makes this loud sound like the fan is not centered. I thought it could be the belt and the belt is stretched out but I changed it and found out the fan bracket is wobbling. Does anyone know how to fix it?

It depends on whether it’s just loose or broken.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t a '91 Lexus a transverse engine with an electric fan???

It is not broken it just wiggles if you apply pressure to the the pully, which the belt does. And it is not an electric fan it is a belt-pully driven fan

If I understand your description correctly, it sounds like the water pump bearings are bad and allowing the fan pulley which is attached to the water pump shaft to wobble. Bad water pump bearings also account for the noise. The fix is to replace the water pump.

Alan may be right, then. Or it could be a worn out fan clutch. As you can tell, I’m uncertain of the setup in that car.

so that is the only solution is to change the water pump?

If my diagnosis is correct, yes, that is the only solution.

I’m not 100% positive on this but your car should use a fan clutch in conjunction with electric fans. The wobbling fan blade could be caused by either the fan clutch being worn out or the bearing in the pedestal bracket that the fan clutch is bolted to is worn out.
I don’t think the fan clutch/blade is bolted to the water pump. No matter; it needs repaired before it comes apart and saws its way through the radiator.

Thank you all for your help, I took the fan bracket off and found out that it is the fan bracket that needs replacement, but I can’t find anywhere to buy it except for the dealership for 250 dollars.

While I can’t say for certain on your car, is it possible that the bearing in that bracket is replaceable and you can avoid spending that money on a new bracket?
Often many idler or tensioner bearings can be replaced after removal of a snap ring, etc.

If you’re unsure you might consider having an auto machine shop look at it or post a few good pics of the bracket bearing and we may be able to determine something after looking at it.
If the bearing can be gotten out then you should be able to find a replacement bearing for 10-15 dollars. Knock on wood.