Falling Tricycle

I believe(90% positive) a tricycle fell from a hook in my garage. It put a good size deep ding in the cars fender :frowning:

Is this typically covered by comprehensive insurance for the auto? I notice in coverage documents it has coverage for falling objects. I would like to avoid tapping into homeowners.

The damage might be covered, but it will be an expen$ive ding indeed if you turn it in to either form of your insurance.

Your deductible may seem a reasonable amount to pay for the repair, but donā€™t forget the increased premiums over the next several renewals.

My aluminum ladder got blown over in the wind and dented my hood, I forget how outrageous the body shop estimate was but the paintless dent repair guys did a great job, even buffed out the scrape on the lens for $75. There was a minuscule imperfection but saving a grand, I could live with that!

Andrew, Iā€™m Pretty Sure Youā€™re Covered.

Iā€™ve mentioned before that I took the back window out of one of my cars that was parked in the driveway. I guess it happened while I was weed whipping with a gas trimmer. I must have whipped a stone. I have zero deductible comprehensive. Iā€™ve known my agent for years and years and I can trust her completely. She assured me that claims of this nature wonā€™t raise my premiums. Itā€™s been years and I never saw an increase.

CSA

It is comprehensive and will not raise your premium. Paintless dent repair might be the trick.

What tha gall durn heck is ā€œpaintless dent removalā€? http://www.metacafe.com/watch/820799/secret_paintless_dent_removal_technique_easy_and_cheap/

I can confirm that payment of a ā€œComprehensiveā€ claim will not increase your insurance premium.

Many years ago, someone attempted to break into my car and did damage to the door and the door lock mechanism. I visited my State Farm agent, who advised me to get ONE estimate.

I went to the best (most expensive) body shop in town, got an estimate, and brought it back to my agent. While I stood there, he wrote a check for the estimated repair priceā€“minus my deductible. The entire process, including two visits to my agent and a stop at the body shop for the estimate, took only a couple of hours. The following week, I had the repairs done at the expensive body shop, but if I had chosen to have the actual repairs done at a cheaper place, I probably would not have even had to shoulder the deductible on my comprehensive coverage.

Talk to your agent!

Thanks for that, I might try it out on a couple of dents.

Thanks for responses.

I called insurance and they stated falling objects go under comprehensive insurance. No liability assessed to driver. I got a $400 insurance estimate and $300 check from insurance since $100 deductible.

Thatā€™s Good To Hear, Andrew. Thatā€™s Why You Have Insurance. Whoā€™d Have Guessed A Tricycle Attack?

I have three times made claims on my comprehensive insurance. I have never had an insurance increase except when I bought a new car.

Donā€™t be afraid of claiming what you have paid for.

You got to come back and tell us what they say when you tell them your car was hit by a falling tricycle.