Exhaust system noise - 2000 Toyota Camry

My 2000 Toyota Camry is making lots of noise.My mechanic says, the exhaust is leaking and costs $566.
Is this something I should change or can go on without any repairs.
Appreciate any advice as to how I should approach this.
Thanks

@SanRam With a noisy exhaust you are breaking the law first of all. If the hole is in the rear of the system, it won’t kill you, but if gasses leak into the passenger compartment from a leak further up front, it’s very dangerous.

This is something yoiu should defintely change; better have a qualifed shop change it than try it yourself.

The $566 sounds OK if it is a dealer price and includes a muffler and tailpipe. You can probably get a better price form Midas. In any case, budget at least $450.00

Get a second opinion about the repair and price. Sometimes it is only a gasket in the exhaust that fails.

“the exhaust is leaking and costs $566.
Is this something I should change or can go on without any repairs.”

I guess that the answer to your question is actually another question, namely…
Are you and your passengers somehow immune to the deadly effects of carbon monoxide?

The two areas of a car where it is absolutely foolhardy to cut corners, pinch pennies, or take chances are the brakes and the exhaust system. Ignore this problem at the risk of your life and the life of your passengers…