Engines lights

My 1993 Toyota Camry has its engine lights on every time I start for about 10 mins, and then goes off. Someone suggested that I could be an oxygen sensor ? Comments/ Advice?

It could be an oxygen sensor, or it could be a myriad of other issues.

Rather than accepting random guesses from people who cannot see or examine your car, you should have the car’s OBD system scanned for stored trouble codes. The problem will be finding someone who can interpret the “flashing light” codes on a car this old.

But even if it is difficult to find someone who can read those old codes, unless your repair efforts are based on actual trouble codes, all you can do is to start “throwing parts” at the problem until the light stops coming on, and this “throwing of parts” will undoubtedly be more expensive than repairs that are guided by actual trouble codes.

The light indicates that there’s an issue with the emission controls of the engine. And to determine what is causing the light to come on, the diagnostic trouble codes must be pulled from the computer. Because your vehicle is an OBDI engine management system, this can be accomplished with a jumper wire.

Locate the diagnostic plug under the hood, usually the passenger side. Flip open the cover, and using the jumper wire plug into the TE1 and E1 terminals. Turn the ignition switch to the run position so that the dash lights come on. The Check Engine light will start to flash out the diagnostic codes. So for example a code 24 would be displayed as, FLASH/FLASH/PAUSE/FLASH/FLASH/FLASH/FLASH. Here’s the definitions of the codes. http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm?pageId=0900c152801ccc73

Tester