Engine wire copper exposed

I had the same experience. Someone on a Pontiac site had mentioned them and I was amazed to find them. I was a little off on my pricing though. $8 and $9 plus shipping and cost me $25 but worth it to have the parts when you break a few.

1 Like

Little plastic gadgets seem to be a profit center. I visited a Toyota dealership 6 or 7 years ago to buy a replacement nozzle for a broken windshield washer. One of those little gadgets on the hood right under the windshield that squirt water. It cracked while I was adjusting the under-hood hoses to test the washer pump motor. I was expecting a bill of about $5-10, but reality set in when I was told $48. Thatā€™s just for one! Oh my ā€¦ lolā€¦ I decided to try to glue it back together with some JB Weld. Still working.

To me shipping is usually worth it when you can find the right parts.

I agree, as long as itā€™s inspected every few months to see if the tape abrades away. The tape should also be inspected for adhesion periodically since engine heat could soften it too much.

I had some paintless dent repair done from hail and a few month later went to figure out what was wrong with my washers. They must have taken them out but broke the things in the process. If I remember right, two of them from the GM dealer were $37. Whatta gonna do though? At least they had them in stock.

A pair for $37 at least approaches reasonable. Iā€™ve noticed non-oem versions of those WW-squirt gadgets are sometimes available in the mail-order aftermarket for a better price. Still, if Toyota dealership had offered up a pair for $37 Iā€™d have gone along with that.