Engine will not turn!

Hello Everyone and thank you for reading my post. I have a '95 Plymouth Voyager, 4 cylinder, 2WD, that sat on my driveway for two years. Now I needed back, so after I charged the battery, I tried to start it but got this click, click noise. I assumed the battery was not holding charge well so I purchased a new one and tried again… click, click. So I though the starter was fried, specially since there is an issue with the exhaust pipe being too close to it and damaging the celunoid, so I just replaced the starter and surprise! Got the click, click again. The click noise is from the bendix trying to turn the engine without luck. Any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Steven

If the electrical connections are tight and not corroded, the engine may be stuck. Take out the spark plugs, put a breaker bar on the crankshaft pulley and try to turn the engine. If it won’t turn, you may be able to free it up by squirting penetrating oil into the cylinders. Let it sit for a while and then bump the starter. If you get the engine free, install the spark plugs and go from there.

Can you turn the engine by hand, with a socket on the crankshaft pulley? Remove the spark plugs and try it, then let us know what the results are.

If the engine can be turned by hand, the problem is in the starter circuit or the starter. If it cannot be turned by hand, the problem is internal.

For what it’s worth- At a garage I used to work at our air compressor siezed up one day. The air compressor guy came over and sprayed Stp oil treatment through the ports into the cylinder and took off to eat lunch. When he came back he flipped the switch on for the electric motor that ran the compressor. It groaned for a moment and then the compressor broke free and worked ok for a couple years.