Engine light on, trouble start each time fill at gas station-

A few months back I had the speed sensor replaced on my Kia. The day after my engine light came on. I looked online for reasons it would be on. During those few days after the sensor replacement, I discovered that each time I go to the gas station and get gas my car doesn’t want to start. It does after several tries and then has no further trouble until I get gas again. I recently replaced the spark plugs and wires from a mechanic friend’s suggestion, to no avail. Now I am wondering if it was coincidence or not that it happened the day following the speed sensor replacement. Any suggestions?

It is probably a complete coincidence.

But there’s one good way to find out - you need to have the car’s computer scanned for codes.

Many auto parts stores (e.g. Autozone, Advance) do this for free. Go to one, have the codes read, write down the codes - the actual number like P0123, not what anyone says about it, and then post it.

Guessing without knowing the codes is sort of like guessing at next week’s lottery numbers.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.