Engine light on 2003 Chy 300

I had a repair shop replace two O2 sensors THAT WERE CAUSING THE CAR TO RUN ROUGH AND THE ENGINE LIGHT TO STAY ON. THE SHOP USED PARTS FROM NAPA AND THE ENGINE LIGHT IS STILL ON. i WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE REPAIR SHOP THAT ONLY MOPAR SENSORS SHOULD BE USED, THAT OTHER SUPPLIER PARTS DO NOT WORK PROPERLY. IS THAT CORRECT?

Many independent shops use NAPA or other aftermarket parts. I doubt that’s the problem.

Was the light reset after the light after installing the O2 sensors?

Perhaps the light is indicating another problem. Have the codes read.

I doubt that Chryco OEM only parts are required, but you should provide the mechanic who did the work an opportunity to resolve the issue. He needs to re-analyze the cause of the CEL light that remains on.

How about finding out exactly what codes were/are causing the CEL. It/they should be in the format of [P0123].

The likely problem is the code pointed to a out or range report a problem from one or more sensors. An error report from a sensor may be the sensor, but it may also be from what the sensor is suppose to be sensing. From your message we don’t know if the shop considered that possibility. Replacing a sensor that is reporting a problem with what it is suppose to be measuring may well be a problem with what it should be reporting on (like your converter).

Many emission parts have long warranties and they may have been under warranty.

I suspect it is not a problem with the new sensor. It may just need to be reset or it may mean they replaced the messenger when it was the converter that was bad.

I Know I Am A Pest About It, But ALL CAPS Are Difficult To Read.  Using Standard Case And Paragraph Spacing Makes Messages Much Easier To Read.  Making Them Easier To Read Means More People Will Read It And You Are More Likely To Get A Good Answer.

Most likely, the only people who would tell you to use ONLY Mopar parts are those who work for the local Chrysler dealership. But, if the company that you represented was in imminent risk of collapse, you might start spreading tales like that also.

That being said, you need to have the codes read, simply because a different situation could have led to the CEL lighting up again. I have to assume that the CEL was not illuminated when you picked up the car, and that the light lit up again shortly afterward. I hope that you wouldn’t have accepted the car with the CEL illuminated!

Anyway, a reputable shop will stand behind its work and will rectify the situation if their repair work did not resolve the situation. Take the car back, and tell them that you are not satisfied with the results of their work.

It sounds like YOU did the diagnosis and decided to change the O2 sensors. Did you? If you did, you made a mistake. A trouble code does NOT say a part is bad. Actually, it says a signal shows a fault.

Each Time a sensor was replaced the computer was cleared. I would pick up the car and a day or so later the engine light would come back on. The car misses only on occasion, but the engine light is always on. The following are the dates and which sensors were replaced as listed on the bill:
3/14/08 replace cam sensor ( part cost 102.53) Car barely would run at all before replacement.; 6/30/08 replace O2 sensor ( part $101.08 ) 7/29/08 replace bank 2 sensor 1 O2 ( part $90.82)
Some other mechanic friend said that maybe all the O2 senors need to be changed because the computer detects a variance??? I am about ready to take it to a Mopar dealer for repair.