Emission light

Hi, I have a Ford Taurus SE 2006 model V6 with 47500 miles on it. since yesterday I am getting emission control light on what it means and how to get away this light.

The light means some part of the emissions control system is functioning outside its normal range. You will have to have the computer scanned for trouble codes to determine where the problem lies. The light will go off when the problem with the emissions control system is corrected.

Is it cost too much and dealer or a mechanic can able to tell me?

The light means that the car’s computer has detected some abnormal signal and stored a “fault code” to help a tech find the problem. The signal could be any of a long list of things including (but not limited to) repeated misfiring, pinging, a loose gas cap, and any of a multitude of sensors. The only way to find out is to have the code(s) downloaded and start the diagnosis.

Most parts stores will read the codes free, but then you still have to figure out what the problem is.

I suggest you visit a mechanic. You don’t need a dealer, just a good mechanic.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P1234) not just their translation into English and post it back here.