ECU not ready

Hi:
Trying to pass my emission in Ma and 4 of the monitors are not ready (o2, o2 heater, cat and evap) I had ride for more than 500 miles, I have try the cold start etc and the monitors still the same. The car lost the charge of the battery for 2 months or so due to travel. I installed a new one and that is the problem that I’m dealing with. The jeep is a 2016 Cherokee sport 2.4 l
Thanks for the help

Travel will not cause a battery to lose its charge, unless the charging system is not working. Sorry, I don’t know about the 4 monitors and why they are not working. But it looks like you may need a repaired or replacement alternator. Good luck and please let us know.

Sorry, the battery just died while the car was not in use that was the reason for a new one. Thanks

The circuit that provides the memory power to the ECU may not have power to it due to a blown fuse or there is a problem with the wiring. If that isn’t the issue then you may need to get the diving procedure which will allow those checks to be accomplished by driving in a certain sequence. Normally the various monitors will set over time by just normal driving. Yours should have set by now I would think. If the memory power isn’t the problem then the ECU may have a problem internally.

Here are the drive cycle procedures to reset the readiness monitors for your Jeep.

http://www.obd2.com/support/reprog/downloads/chrysler/chry-imset_procedure.pdf

Tester

I will drive a couple more days and if it still the same I will check with the dealer, I have till April 1st to pass the emission. Thanks

I will try that procedure. BTW, should I try to reset the ECM and start over?
Thanks

No reason to.

Tester

I have try the suggestion and it is very difficult to do it on the highway or town.
Anyway no luck still the same. I drove maybe in other 200 miles.
The car runs good and smooth. Any other ideas of what else I can do?
Thanks

The procedure seems to indicate that you must have the MIL off and no DTCs present for several of the monitors to properly execute. If that is correct, then you do need to reset the ECU (power cycle or via code reader reset) prior to running the drive cycles indicated.

The procedure seems to indicate that you must have the MIL off and no DTCs present for several of the monitors to properly execute. If that is correct, then you do need to reset the ECU (power cycle or via code reader reset) prior to running the drive cycles indicated.

Thank you, the MIL is off as well no codes, when I was driving all the miles that I have mentioned. Whith this, should I reset the ECU/ECM or just keep driving?

Hi:
Just an update.I drove for more than 2000 miles, I went from Ma to Fl and the ECU still the same and the car runs good but 4 monitors not ready.
I have order a new ECU and that is my new question/s.
The VIN number of my car does not show in the data base of Chrysler, (I have a ticket opened with them to fix the problem) so the guys trying to program the new ECU don’t know what to do. I have noticed that the VIN number on the original ECU it’s not the same that the VIN on the windshield, with that been said. Can the new ECU be programmed to a different VIN? And if this is possible, will the key works?
Sorry for the long post and hopefully it is clear what I’m trying to say.
Thanks

The new PCM won’t have a VIN, the VIN must be entered into the PCM. The VIN and key data can be transferred from the Wireless Ignition Module to the PCM with a push of a button on the Star Scan.

I’m not sure what that means but if someone had installed a used PCM in your vehicle that may be the incorrect application it may be difficult to identify the correct emissions calibration to load into the new PCM.