Driver's License Photo Freedom

Lets not forget he thinks the earth is only 6000 years old.

To be a Surgeon you don’t have to have a lot of knowledge of physics or math. I know several MD’s and Surgeons. One I tutored math to in High School. At best they have to take 2 college physics classes and maybe 4 or 5 higher level math classes. As a CS major, I had to take more then double the math and physics classes an person in pre-med does.
https://www.math.cornell.edu/m/Courses/FSM/biology

Just because he’s a brilliant surgeon, doesn’t mean he actually knows anything about science - which is very obvious.

3 Likes

Relating this thread back to cars: We read in the book of Genesis that the Lord drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in his Fury. Apparently, neither Adam nor Eve had a driver’s license. I wonder if the Lord’s driver’s license had his photo.
Also, in the book of Acts, it is stated that the Apostles all came together in one Accord. I have been wondering which one was driving and whether his picture was on his license.

3 Likes

At least we now know that Plymouth was the first auto manufacturer. On which day did God create Plymouth, or did he do it after the first seven days?

Me thinks your opinion of Carson has more to do with his race and political party than anything. At any rate outside of both mechanics and surgeons fixing things, I don’t see the similarity. Show me a mechanic that invested half a million dollars and twelve years training before even starting work. And of course consequences are a little different. Flubbing up a fuel pump job doesn’t result in death the same way as flubbing up heart surgery.

1 Like

I say that a guy who makes objectively stupid statements on history, science, and a number of other subjects is an idiot and you think it’s because I don’t like black people?

You’re coming dangerously close to flamebait here. Civilized, rational adults do not accuse each other of racism without evidence.

I’m out of this discussion. It’s descended into trolling on your part, and there’s no salvaging it.

5 Likes

I think MikeinNH and I are on the same page. Ben Carson is a success story for becoming a world class neurosurgeon. But some where along the line he acquired some really strange and wrong ideas. And his political affiliation or heritage has nothing to do with it.

4 Likes

How the hell did race or politics come into this? Where do you get off making such a statement. That was completely uncalled for.

Ben Carson is a brilliant and dedicated Surgeon. Probably a very nice person also.

But that doesn’t make him and expert in Physics or Geology. His statements are just plain wrong… I’d tell anyone (no matter what race or political side or country of origin) they are wrong if they made those statements.

3 Likes

+1
I think it is ironic that a person whose career depended on knowledge in one specific area of science seems to be so ignorant of virtually all other areas of science. I think that the man lost control of his senses several years ago, based on the bizarre utterances that he is famous for.

3 Likes

To come full circle–back to both cars and “religious” hucksters–how about the case of Rajneesh, the phony Indian guru whose US followers bought him 93 Rolls Royces?
Yes, you read that correctly!

He had to return to India after his followers tried to sway the results of a local election in Oregon by spreading food poisoning in restaurants right before election day. Here is some info about this particular “religious” charlatan–and his 93 Rolls Royces:

@jtsanders. The Plymouth was built on the second day of creation. There were rock formations and the there is a statement that says “On this rock I will build my Plymouth”. This rock became important historically because the pilgrims arrived at this rock when they crossed the Atlantic on the Mayflower. The rock was called Plymouth Rock because that was where the first Plymouth was built. Archeologists were able to determine this because a small trim piece fell off the car during its assembly. I think I have now shown the relationship between theology, history and automobiles.

Just as Jesus never spoke of his car, it appears that the car part of this topic is not being discussed.

I may have to lock this thread, based on Psalm 11:5-6, “Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and a horrible Tempest.”

I’m not sure exactly what that is all about since this is a pretty neat Tempest.

1 Like

Well, one of my close friends from my undergraduate days had a 4 door version of that Tempest, and I would be inclined to say that it was a dog, except for the fact that my dog would be offended by being compared to one of those Tempests.

Hallelujah and pass the venison! Thank you for clearing that up.

I thought Jim Bakker died. I guess I just dreamed it.

It seems magazines are being tailored for the phone addicts and motor vehicles are only being evaluated for their tech gadgets.

1 Like

My issue with automobile and motorcycle magazine road tests and evaluations is that they are basically impressions of a short term test drive. I’m more interested in what awaits me when the vehicle has 200K on the odometer. Is replacing the cam belt a $600 job? Stuff like that.

1 Like

Returning to driver license photos. If you are unwilling for any imagined purpose to abide with DMV photo requirements you will be issued a non photo pedestrian license. What! there is no such license? Exactly.

1 Like

Don’t give the government any more ideas! You’ll have to have one and perhaps a license plate on your shoes plus an RFID chip so you can be billed when you walk on a toll sidewalk.

His wife–Tammy Fay–died, but he is back–to loot the money of more delusional followers.

Not the first and I’m sure not the last time I will get something “bassakwards”. Thanks.