Drive axle

I am trying to replace my drive axle, and i just found out my engine size is 1.8, and i remember telling the clerk that it was 1.6.

well this be a problem

How is anyone to know since you have given zero information about what kind of car you’re even talking about?
Ask the clerk if the computer shows the same part number for each axle.
Sometimes axles are the same; sometimes they’re not.

Sorry about that its a Toyota Corolla LE 1994

I don’t think the American Corolla even came with anything other than a 1.8 that year, if ever. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

I am having trouble placing the new drive axle into the transmission is there a proper way to do it, any tips or trick. Please help anyone…

Both the 1.6 and the 1.8 were available in 1994. The LE only came with a 1.8 the 1.6 was only available in the DX version. That being said the transmisions are the same regardless of engine size. The 1.6 & 1.8 both use the same axle. The only important question the parts store needs is with or without ABS. If you have the axle properly lined up with the trans it should pop right in. Might want to check the splines to see if they match the old axle, and check the condition of the snap ring on the end. Sometimes they can ge bent in shipping.
~Michael