Drained oil. Wrong filter inside box. Wait until Walmart openSunday?

Thank you.
What is a swing axle? I done thought all axæ could not move forward orearward.

As you can see in the graphic below there is only one universal joint on each axle to pivot for the suspension to respond to driving and road conditions. This allows the axle to swing up and down, not fore and aft… The transaxle is solidly attached to the frame so only the two rear axles can pivot up and down. The caused the camber on the wheels to change drastically and therefore the way the car handles while it was taking a curve.

Hope this illustrates the concept of “swing axle”

Happy Motoring and Drive Safe and be sure to clear off all the snow on your windshield (front, rear, and sides) and don’t forget to clear off the headlights…

See and Be Seen…

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with Super Tech or Fram filters. I’ve used them solely on all of my cars for 35 years with never an issue nor have I ever heard or seen any complaints from the use of them.

As for the VW Bug engine removal to change the generator; not necessary. The generator can be swapped with the engine in place. Hold the notch in the drive pulley with a screwdriver blade and access the rear fan intake nut with a socket. Generator comes out minus the fan and goes back the same way.