Donchate it when dat happens? (Corvette flips after doing burnout.)

1 Like

At least it wasn’t a Mustang and no pedestrians got hurt. :rofl:

4 Likes

Amazing the cat hasn’t been stolen. Yet.

4 Likes

Guess he needed a little more Drivers Ed… :grin:

1 Like

Why doesn’t this happen on the Roadkill series of TV shows? If it did, I’m sure they’d show it.

Skilled (very experienced) drivers vs non skilled drivers driving mommy and daddy’s cars… lol

I can do very long and fast burnouts (2nd gear and sometimes 3rd) in the rain on narrow roads scaring the heck out of the passenger while the backend is moving side to side, but I know my car and what to expect and it’s limits as well as decades of experience… Plus I never do it for a crowd of people or around spectators… Yes I can blow the tires off in the dry also… lol

I watch these short videos of these young drivers with way too much HP for the street trying to do a burnout and they loose control and wreck the car all the time…

BTW I do remember David on RKG with Steve riding with him doing a burnout for distance in an E Body, turn one around in the road and going off the side of the road a little, if there would have been a ditch their it might have rolled…

1 Like

You all may or may not remember that GM’s president, Ruess, crashed a Corvette C7 (this was a C6) while pacing a IndyCar race in Detroit. He wasn’t an inexperienced driver, but he hadn’t had performance driving instruction.

1 Like

Didn’t Dodge make new owners of a Viper go to a driving school for a week or so to learn how to handle that kind of HP (for the time)?? And that was only 450 to 500 HP… Now you can just go buy a Hellcat or whatever and go do burnouts…

And Mine is NO Hellcat, but I don’t let anybody else drive it, because I know it will get away from you real fast, except for one friend who drives more like George… lol

Yet another friend at age 21 or 22yo (from work) went down and bought a 2021 Wide Body 392ci Scat Pack and drove it home same day…

After Tanner Foust drove a Cadillac CTS-V he said that any new owner should go to race driving school to learn how to handle a beast like that.

1 Like

Man I miss watching Tanner, Adam and Rutledge, I liked them the best out of any I watched…

The owner of the Aamco I’ve delt with for years had a CTS-V, that old man drove the heck out of it and it handled like it was on rails… stupid fast for what it is…

He also had a very nice high end 60’ house boat that I told him looked like a house trailer on pontoons… He didn’t find it nearly as amusing as I did… :rofl:
And he made his money in excavating, the trans gig is to have something to keep him from being board and to be with his sons, his son JR pretty much runs it now…but very honest people…

An often-told 70/80’s lore story here in Silicon Valley is about the founder of a local computer company who purchases a Lamborghini (or similar exotic) after the company’s IPO. He crashes the car into a lake on the way from the dealership and drowns.

1 Like

Brumos Porsche in florida offered training to buyers pf any Porsche feom their lot, Hurley Haywood and other pros showed how to handle the car. Now Porsche has courses in Atlanta and LA where you can pay to try out a Gt3 and get pro instruction.

Tanner Foust would do another car show wirh Adam & Rutledge but nothing so far, He just bought a decent size farm someqhere in Colorado as a home wirh the fiance. No word if a track there will ever happen.

1 Like

Looks like he’s still busy racing rallycross.

2 Likes

That and all his work with VW, Stunt driving for movies as well.

1 Like