Doing Clutch Replacement in Walmart Parking Lot

No, i pulled just the axle. The second one came out with his hands up no fight at all

1 Like

you can change the thread title to fixing car in storage locker. do you have to drop the subframe to lower the trans like on most FWD cars? thats a pain in the butt

Its looking like I’m going to be able to just pull it off no dropping the subframe. Some model lancer es’ do have to though.

Im almost done taking out and dropping the trans the but i had to leave before the place opened up.

It is tasking forever but im enjoying it. In a i like seeing a plan come together way

1 Like

Sounds like you’re getting there. Better be careful under the car, nobody will find you until the storage auction 2 months from now.

1 Like

Got Caught! Told to finish by mo
Morning or they are calling the cops.
Slapped everything on without changing clutch just the release bearing didn’t know how much time they were going to give me when I made the decision

Sorry to hear you got caught :frowning_face:

Hopefully the release bearing alone resolved the issues . . . ?

Do you get to keep your storage unit, or are you being evicted?

Please let us know when the clutch is properly working again, and the car is drivable in a normal fashion

Did you get it working or you have to do it again?

we all have funny stories or know someone. A friend had a brother who lived in an apartment 400 miles away. no parking lot work allowed. trans died.bro was broke. friend did not want to pay shop for trans job. he went over there to help fix it. had it towed to nearby church with huge property with several acres of grass/storage area. he talked to church pastor who agreed to let him fix car on side of grassy area, away from main building. turned out ok.

I’m truly sorry to hear that. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and take the risks.
But I’m glad they didn’t call the cops right there and then.

jeep-reader-rides-sideways-hayden-wood-1989-wrangler-2000-wyotech-1612

The Only legit thing
you can do almost any where any time is change a flat tire or add a quart of oil other than that its all a chance to take ,is it worth the trouble if your chance has gone sour?

Let’s hope the guy with the jeep’s chances (parking brakes) don’t go sour.

2 Likes

See that guy in the picture? It’s literally a No-Brainer! For him it’s a Win-Win situation!

Either it works and he drives away or his family receives the prestigious Darwin Award! :wink:

File that photo under the “Hold my beer. Watch this!” file.
CSA

I had to park my truck like that, stayed there for a entire week, this past summer b/c the city was re-paving the road and required all parked vehicles off the street. The only place I could park to get it off the road and still nearby was on a steep incline almost as steep as that. Ever since the transmission has been a little iffy, delayed shifting etc. I finally figured it out the other day, low on transmission fluid. I drove it back that incline and noticed there’s a leak in the transmission pan gasket, fine on the flats, but leaks on steep inclines.

It still has no clutch pressure. I replaced the release bearing/slave cylinder didn’t get a chance to change out the clutch. When i opened Trans it looked like fluid was leaking from the slave only because there was a bunch of black thick fluid all over but mostly on bottom of the inside of the bell it was the only part that still looked wet.
What else can it be?

1 Like

Also i couldn’t bleed the clutch. I hook up the vacuum to the slave bleeder push the vac pump but only a few droplets come out. I zip tied the tubing to the bleeder and did the same with all connection with tubing.
The vac pressure gauge reads that im not getting much over the 0 mark when i pump then it falls back to zero as soomln as i stop.
The master cylinder resevoir has fluid in there. When i pump the pedal with bleeder vavle off i can hear puffs of coming from engine (sound like from bleeder valve). When i close the bleeder and push the pedal the sound is much softer almost inaudible. But the clutch has no pressure either way.

Might be the master cylinder. Not sure what else would kill the pedal pressure except something in the hydraulic. The fluid should stream out of the bleeder when the pedal is pressed. The fluid didn’t move when you pressed the pedal?

Was your clutch working normally before you lost pressure?

Nothing came out and i pressed it a bunch of times. No, the car was losing power because I believe it is slippage. Lost speed. Also when i go in reverse i hear grinding which was witnessed by a mechanic he said it was the axle but the axle is fine now that inspected it, no missing metal in spines or grooves nothing. I never had trouble with clutch pressure though other than one time and that was a year or two ago, no pedal pressure, but i started it up later and pumped it until the pressure built back up and it has been fine until now

I don’t think the worn out clutch disc would affect the pedal. I’m no expert on clutches though so maybe someone else can respond. You might have 2 issues, the hydraulic and the disc. When the disc wears out, you don’t accelerate when giving it gas. I think your pedal would still work though.