Does this sound normal?

Hello everyone, I am just wondering if this sounds normal? It seems to be coming from cylinder #1 in a 2007 subaru impreza 2.5i. Also the vvt solenoid is going out. Could that be causing it?

Sorry for the crappy video, it’s more for the sound than the video.

I appreciate any input on what you hear!

Internet audio isn’t very helpful in most cases. If no one here is able to tell you anything from the audio, and you hear a clicking noise combined with a known VVT solenoid problem, common sense dictates the VVT solenoid problem be addressed first, as it may solve the clicking too. Are there any diagnostic trouble codes? Is the check engine light on?

You can hear it loud and clear the entire video. I’m just not sure if what I’m hearing is normal or not.
There are 2 engine codes related to the vvt solenoid, but I’m not familiar with this vehicle enough to tell if it’s causing the particular sound I’m hearing. Also the check engine light is off.

I don’t know how any other subarus sound so I’m not sure if I’m hearing a healthy engine or a problem. I’m new to the vehicle, and I just want to make sure I’m not hearing an obviously sick engine. The solenoid will be fixed soon, but until then I’m curious what others hear.