Does it damage a car door to partially shut it & then bump it shut?

I’m also not a fan of people putting their feet on dashboards, whether it’s my car or not

In fact, I make a point of mentioning that they be physically mangled in the case of a crash

I also insist anybody riding in my car buckle up

As for shutting vehicle doors . . . there’s a guy who parks a 1996 F-150 on my street. Every time, he exits the vehicle, he closes the door VERY carefully. He slowly pushes the door closed, never slamming it, until it’s fully latched. Then he walks around the vehicle, making sure all the doors are actually locked. Then he checks at least twice more before walking away. This takes him a few minutes. The truck is straight, with few dents, but it’s not in showroom condition. I can tell he’s concerned with keeping it in good shape, because I see him working on it occasionally.

By the way, if I gave somebody a ride, I would not decline a cup of coffee from them :coffee:

1 Like

I don’t mind a passenger bringing coffee as long as it’s in a solid plastic mug with a leakproof top, but I prefer that they not bring it in a paper cup with a thin plastic top.

Our B52s had a switchpanel in the console with metal bars to allow the crew to step on it while entering and exiting the pilot and copilot seats. The switches were open-backed. Crewmembers used to put their coffee there in flight. I wish I had a tenspot for every switchpanel I had to replace and take into the shop to clean out.

2 Likes