Dodge stratus 04 water on the floor after it rained

It sounds like the trough is full of water.

The trough has drain holes on each end. So any water seen draining on the ground should be behind the front tires.

Tester

Ok thanks for the info. And sorry but where is the trough located?

Below the windshield.

Tester

Ok thanks Iā€™ll see what I can find and Iā€™ll give you an update!

this video may be of help:

Hey guys. I didnā€™t take apart the windshield or anything because it just seems like a lot but I will do later on. But my dad and I were able to take apart the carpet in the front driver seat. We ran the hose over the car and the water is definitely coming from beneath the carpet. My dad still thinks itā€™s the weatherstrip in the door but I donā€™t Know, it could be the windshield too. My question is if water is running under the carpet when we spray the hose, what does that mean to you guys?

Also one more question. If I put plastic under the cart on the driver front side just for a temporary fix, will stop the carpet from getting wet or no? My dad thinks I should do that.

Hey what is this part called in between the door ? It feels like plastic but itā€™s really wet and we think this could be a problem too.

Note, when I used the water hose to test for leaks. It seems like the puddle of water would come under the carpet is when I sprayed the front driver seat door. But what is weird, why is it that water is coming underneath, like under the part where the brake and accelerator is? If itā€™s the door weatherstrips shouldnā€™t it be leaking on the carpet from the door and not underneath it? This is just so odd.

Guys please help me find out the exact cause and maybe a way I can try to fix it. I donā€™t get why is it that water is coming underneath the carpets? It happens when I sprayed my driver front door with water. I just donā€™t want to take it to a shop and they charge me $1,000+ to fix this. I canā€™t pay that right now

That picture is to blurry and close-up to see what youā€™re talking about.

Yeah. The problem is itā€™s hard getting a good pic of it because itā€™s so much blocking it because itā€™s behind the door. Iā€™ll have to take off the door to truly get a good pic of it.

But Iā€™m guessing that plastic is supposed to help water from getting inside the door also but itā€™s so wet and feels kinda weak so that could be the problem idk?

So nobody canā€™t figure this problem?

I would not expect the magic answer to be found here.
This is trial&error thing you would have to do on your own.
Donā€™t be shy to disassemble things as you narrow it down.

Iā€™m skeptical about that door idea, but you can pull the interior trim and observe it from inside as door area is hosed.

We are waiting for the OP to inspect the vehicle for water leaks.

Wait a minute, you are the OP, what did you find?

Sorry guys, I mean I tried looking and I did lift up the carpet on the driver floor but itā€™s just hard because itā€™s so much stuff you have to take a loose. I didnā€™t think it would be wires and stuff underneath the carpet and i donā€™t want to screw anything up more.

And I finally took a lose the windshield wiper cover you guys were talking and Iā€™m not sure exactly what drain holes

am I supposed to look for here?

The cowl is open on each end, the water drains into the fenders.

And here a pic of what I was able to see under the carpet. The front part where the brake and accelerator is very wet

And like I said the back seat floor on the left gets wet too but only in the back/middle not front or sides of it. The right side, both the front and back floor is fine now though it didnā€™t get wet from the rain and itā€™s still dr. Only the driver side floor and back left side gets wet.

Ok I checked those holes and it look like anything was clogged or anything. It was dirty and I cleaned what I could but thatā€™s about it.

Did you find the source of the sloshing sound? Front, middle, back, trunk or doors?

I havenā€™t heard that sound anymore after we cleaned the drained holes in all doors. That night when it rained I did t hear it but front and back driver side still got wet. So Iā€™m guess it was coming from the doors.