Dodge Shadow Woes

Recently my beloved 93 Dodge shadow decided to stop running on me. I was driving down the road and suddenly the engine started to decelerate then died. Everyone told me that the timing belt went out on it, but I checked it and it is fine. I am totaly out of ideas and i am not ready to give up on this little junker yet, so I was wondering if anyone had some ideas?

Are you sure you didn’t check the serpentine belt - the belt that runs from the crankshaft pulley, and runs the A/C, power steering, alternator, etc?

The timing belt is usually behind a cover, and it can be quite laborious to remove the cover.

I just recently changed that about a month ago

Yeah im sure its the timing belt, i had to take the wheel off to get to it.

Is there any stored codes using the key on, off, on, off, on method? Is there fuel pressure? Can you here the fuel pump come on when the ignition key is turned on, but not to start? Is there Spark?

That leaves you with a compression test and an ignition test, fuel pump test and stuff like that. The only problem is that when it’s fixed, you are left with a 93 Dodge Shadow. If it had 80,000 miles on it, you can save it. Double that and you will have random parts replacement at home until you hit the right one.