Dodge Neon shuts off when hot

I have 1996 Dodge Neon with a 2.0 SOHC. For some reason when the motor gets to operating temp. it seems to lose power immedeatly and then shuts off and wont restart untill it cools off. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks for your help!

Probably the ignition coil, but what codes do you get from the computer?

BIG BLOCK POWER IS a GREAT screen name,(but EVO is better) get my drift?

BIG BLOCK= stump puller,

EVO=BYE BYE.(ALL I SAW WERE THE TAILIGHTS )

TECHNOLOGY=BEAUTIFUL.

M/O

Does the fuel pump start making more noise as the temp goes up? Maybe output is affected by temp. Mine was more affected by ambient temp but its always the “fuel or spark question”

any codes?

sorry couldn’t help the above comment.

Yeah lol, almost everything I own has a big block in it. I only typed this question for my friend because he is big into the rice rockets and stuff like that. I hate them but I cant get him to change, but I guess if you like something…

I am having the same problem with my 1996 neon 2.0L SOHC. The coil has been replaced in it and the only code I have got out of the thing is the coil, I forced it to run one day and got this code. I put the old coil back in and it run fine, Till the old coil started miss-firing on one cylinder and put the other one back on. I have read some other place that the fuel pump was over heating and stopping but I was messing around with it and you can clearly hear the pump after the car dose this. The other thing that has been done to this car is that he filler neck has been replaced. The plastic tube in side of it was cut off. The car runs fine for about 15 min. fine you can even move the car and every thing with in the 15 min window. hope this helps and I could use some help with this car thanks