Do you like your Toyota 4Runner?

Do you like your Toyota 4Runner?

Hi Kenneth. Are you thinking about buying one? Do you have one and want to share the joy…or commiserate? If you’re having some trouble, let us know some detail. Maybe someone can chime in then.

We have a 2003 Toyota 4Runner that we purchased new. This is the vehicle my wife drives and she thinks it’s great. She keeps it looking like it just came out of the showroom. It has only required normal maintenance in the 100,000 miles it has on the odometer. We have taken long trips and found the firm ride much less tiring than softly sprung cars.

This is one of questions that I just don’t understand . We have bought many vehicles and have never cared what anyone else thought about them .

They have a few cons, but most owners like them, if this helps.

Generally pretty good vehicles. Current gen is ugly as sin . They totally ruined the look with the last update .

The owner’s I know all love them, a great choice for a family tow rig.

My folks had one as a rental a few years ago and mainly only liked the performance over a snowy mountain pass, they were expecting to rent a Rav4 or similar so the mileage and the step up for 4 70yr old’s was not what they were hoping for.

I like the 4Runner because it rides on a frame as opposed to uniframe construction. @wolyrobb. I am 78 years old and still like driving our 2003 4Runner. The 4Runner is the vehicle that Mrs. Triedaq drives. I really prefer driving the 4Runner to our 2017 Toyota Sienna, but I need the Sienna for transporting people and musical instruments.

It was the higher step up for dad’s brother and his wife that i was referring to more. If they had arrived at the rental lot a couple hours later they could have had an Ford Escape but none were ready. It did make it over a snow covered mountain pass with flying colors but overall the 4 of them would have preferred to be in a small SUV.

Just not what my CRV owning father was expecting to drive for a week. If it works for you that’s the important point. The '19 Honda CRV Touring was the best fit for dad and the uncle just bought a VW Golf Sport wagon that checked all the boxes.