Diyer or mechanic comment

name any vehical out there.that you would not buy because it to difficult to work on.

Apollo era rovers left on the moon…

13 Likes

( Name all vehicles being made that you would avoid because of the difficulty of repair . )

There I fixed it for you. And the list will include almost any vehicle that has ever been made .

1 Like

Anything that says, “Mini” or “Yugo” on it or anything requiring the purchase of Whitworth spanners. :anguished:
CSA
:palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree:

1 Like

CSA
A lot can be said about a Yugo, but compared to todays cars, it was very easy to work on.
And that was a good thing, considering how often you had to work on it.
And yes, I have worked on several Yugo’s - even prepped and painted one.
Besides that, parts for them were dirt cheap here.

Easy answered:
Anything from this century

1 Like

anything made by Lamborghini.
It’d be too difficult to keep me from driving it to do any work on it…

4 Likes

Anything where you need a scan tool to bleed the brakes.

6 Likes

I couldn’t care less how difficult they are to work on since I’m paying someone else to do it.

1 Like

Agree with old_mopar_guy, but if I’m going to work on it, 1972 or older.
I limit myself to cabin air and intake air filters, wiper blades, and light bulbs.

2 Likes

Let’s do things a little differently . . .

Tell us what vehicle you’re thinking of buying, and we’ll give our opinions

2 Likes

I’ve always been convinced the GM actually has “difficulty enhancement engineers” on their staff, and it appears that Nissan has hired some of them away from GM. But all vehicles have things that could have been made a lot easier with just a little better engineering.

1 Like

Cars are engineered for the “typical” owner. This owner does little or none of his own maintenance and, as we’ve seen here all too often, may not even check his oil level.

1 Like

True, but difficulty enhancement means the job takes longer, so labor is higher and the owners ends up paying more.

3 Likes

_____________________ (Fill in the blank with any make/model/model-year) that has gone through several winters in any of the northern/eastern rust belt/road salt areas.
CSA

2 Likes

The “typical” owner may not be one who squeezes a nickel till the Buffalo sh*ts. (Are there still Buffalos on nickels?)

Are there still nickels?
CSA

2 Likes

I’m typical. I do that. How’d you think I could afford that nice old Grand Prix and what’s that I’ve got all over my hands?
CSA

My wife squeezes cash so hard that all the dead presidents run screaming from the room when she walks in.

1 Like

Whitworth is needed for my triumph motorcycle, had it since 79, 1/32, 1/64th Maybe I
recall incorrectly I seem to remember some 1/72 sockets I can find something that fits, or else a crescent/monkey wrench or vice grips. Is 1/72 a figment of my imagination?

I had a plumber friend years ago who said " vice grips, the wrong tool for everything, the right tool for nothing".

1 Like