Difficulty to start the engine

Does anyone know what it means when the car “shakes” when you try to turn the engine on?

Can you define “try to turn the engine on”? Does the engine actually start, or does it fail to start?

Also–in order to get responses with any real value, it is important to know:
*Make of vehicle
*Model year of vehicle
*Engine type
*Odometer mileage
*State of maintenance of the vehicle (is it up-to-date with the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule?)
*Any other symptoms that you have observed

I turn the key, the car try to start and then fail. I tried about 3 times, then it starts but vibrates for a few seconds and try to turn off. I push on the accelarator and I kept the car on. I am concerned there is a problem. 2005 Kia Sorento

??

*Odometer mileage
*State of maintenance of the vehicle (is it up-to-date with the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule?)
*Any other symptoms that you have observed

??

35,000 miles. I always had the oil changed, filters, tires, etc. No other symptoms. It only did it today for the first time. After the 3rd attempt the engine stayed on and the sound was regular.

when was the last time anyone was under the hood (for ANY reason?)

when did you get gas last time wise?

how long has it been since you got gas, mileage wise?

when was the last time it was tuned up? (plugs, wires, air filter?)

Is the “Check Engine” light on? Does a Kia of this vintage have the 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty

Under the hood was about 4 months ago, I had the battery replaced.

I got gas yesterday, a full tank

tuned up? I took it to have oil changed, air filters and tire rotated about 3 months ago

the check engine was on when it happen, but it is not on anymore. KIA has the 10year/100,000 mile warranty. Do you have any idea what it can be? To make the care vibrating that much?

I turn the key, the car try to start and then fail.

Have you ever read the owner’s manual?

When was the last time the pugs and plug wires replaced?

Make model and year of car? Auto or manual?

How about some more detail. We already know if fails. Try some of these possibilities and maybe add to them.

Turn key nothing happens no sound at all.

Turn key hear a click nothing else.

Turn key hear engine being turned over, but nothing else.

Turn key hear engine sort of starting.

Turn key engine seems to start, but it stops as soon as the key is back in the run position.

You need to find out what is tripping the “Check Engine” light. Take the car to an AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, Murrays, Shucks, etc. for a free scan and report the exact code(s) here.