Did my new mechanic lie to me?

I miss the feature where we could have five flags and the spam would disappear.

4 Likes

Click on the three dots (dashes?) and the option to flag posts will appear.

I did flag it but multiple flags don’t send the post off into cyberspace.

1 Like

I seem t o recall that it takes three different people flagging a post to send it to cyberspace.
Carolyn, my good lady, is my memory correct??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It was Five and it was kind of fun being number five and watching the Korean spam fade away but not for Carolyn.

1 Like

@the_same_mountainbik and @VOLVO_V70 - it seems that the five-flag feature (say it three times fast!) went away when we switched to Discourse. It is very satisfying to make spam go away, but I also appreciated when you would help me keep the place clean by flagging what you identified.

The post displays as hidden for me, so some number of flags must be working. I can choose to reveal the post, but by default it doesn’t display.

At any rate, computers are great and some people love to have everything on the computer. Others of us like to use computers but also like hard copies instead. I would guess all you would need to do is set up a spread sheet program to keep maintenance records and notifications if you want and sure don’t need a special app or software program to do it. My issue remains though that whether you keep records in a book or on computer, you still have to manually record it. Now if you could plug in parameters to be notified of on your car computer, that might make sense as a reminder of when to perform certain services. But still after that you need to record the specifics of what was done, etc. So all in all, do what you want but not being a computer geek I prefer a book and find it much easier to get a good overview.

Not to belabor the point but in my one book, I also include other equipment such as lawn mowers, snow blower, etc. and also house and yard information for general maintenance and repairs. One place to go for everything or to look up common part numbers and see when I last shampooed the carpet or replaced the water heater. Not car related so I won’t get into my organizational method for moving.

Clicking twice might allow you to read if you wish.