Detail Your Car

This current colleague of mine is also a drunk, has SERIOUS bo, and has dragon breath which would kill any and all vegetation

It’s really quite offensive

When I was still at the dealer, a guy was actually fired for his bo, after SEVERAL customers had complained their car reeked when they picked it up, and it smelled normal when they dropped it off

I actually felt bad for that guy, because he was a very good mechanic. But he probably should have used a stronger/more effective deodorant

:fearful:

1 Like

That brings me back to another long-ago memory, and this time I can relate it to cars!
Back in the late '60s, I worked for the Child Protective Agency in my state, and we all had to share the cars in the local carpool.

One of my co-workers used to…reek…by the end of a summer’s day, and whatever car he had used that day would still bear his unusual funk for a couple of days.
Many of us were tired of dealing with this situation, so we arranged to do a mock survey in the break room, asking each staff member, “Which deodorant do you use?”.
We hoped that this might give him some ideas regarding his hygiene, but it didn’t work out that way, because when we got to Mr. Smelly, his response was, “Only dirty people need a deodorant, and I’m not dirty, so I don’t use one”. (That explained a lot!)

Then he volunteered that he used Johnson’s Baby Powder under his arms after his shower, and that was when I was finally able to identify the funk that permeated the cars that he had used.
The cars smelled like a baby with BO!

:imp:

3 Likes

Well, than, the solution is to saturate his car with olive oil and vinegar, and put scented cloths pins on his vent outlets!!

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. :imp:

2 Likes

“Only dirty people need a deodorant . . .”

apparently, the guy also never heard of the concept of sweat

:smirk:

In his defense–to some extent–both of his parents also reeked, so I think that he might have thought that everyone normally smelled the way that they did.

Well, one “hack” that I DO think effective for a mechanic is using dish soap (not dishwater detergent) for washing greasy hands. Does a LOT better than hand soap, IMO. Actually prefer it to pumice-based “mechanic soap” like Go-Jo. If you’re prone to dry skin, it might take too much natural oils from your hands–but it appears I’m pretty oily as is, and I’ve never had a problem.

1 Like

Sorry to take it down a level, but had an obese black guy with diabetes and an oozing infection that stunk to high hell, now he fell over in his apartment and died, and management called in the guys in tyveck suits to clean his cube, He Loved his suzuki sidekick

Lucky you

I’m very prone to dry skin, and I suspect many of the others probably also are

:frowning2:

Sorry to hear you lost your neighbor

I assume you meant neighbor, but I’m not entirely sure because you mentioned “his cube” . . . which makes me think of drones working in their cubicles

@db4690 He was a co worker, he never even tried to eat right, munched on chips and junk food all day.

That’s why I’ve been trying to eat better the last several months, after my doctor told me my cholesterol level was no good

I’ve really cut back on those “chips and junk food” and my numbers were much improved for the next visit

That smelly coworker I mentioned in the other discussion, he also has a very bad diet, although he’s not fat, and he recently had a heart attack

Anyways, to make this car related . . .

At work, any time somebody is feeling especially grateful that we fixed their vehicle, they seem to bring cookies, donuts, and other things that taste good but aren’t good FOR you

Thankfully, since my doctor gave me that ultimatum, if you will, I’ve been able to resist eating that stuff at work

Actually, I’ve seen quite a few coworkers die because of their unhealthy lifestyles :frowning2:

I asked for opinions and I did not say the article had all or even mostly good ideas. Anyone that said I advocated what the article advocated is wrong, and I don’t like people telling me what I think. It’s OK if you don’t like any of the ideas, but don’t tell me I’m selling those ideas.

I gave my opinion, for sure, treaded off the wall for sure, but never thought once you were doing anything outside of a regular guy talking about stuff.

Jt, I never for a moment thought you were advocating for the ideas. Honestly, I thought you posted the article because it was so ridiculous as to be almost funny.

And now I think I’ll go out and rub my seats down with vinegar and put scented cloths pins on my air vents. But first I have to rub petroleum jelly all over my dashboard and mix some soap and vodka for my windshield washer reservoir… :scream:

Looking for the end of this. I didn’t read it since I can’t stand those things that make you click and continue 50 times to read it.

It reminded me though that back in the old days (60’s) we used to use corn starch as a buffing compound on lacquer instead of rubbing compound. I guess it worked but it tended to cake up in the bottle if you let it sit too much.

See Bing, if you’d read the article you’d have known to use kerosene on your finish! :scream:

Well that’s good. I had to fill my kerosene can today and spilled some on my paint so guess that’s a good thing and no need to worry. On my diesel though, spilled diesel sure used to collect the dirt and just left a greasy residue.

[quote=“the_same_mountainbik, post:34, topic:96542”]
I never for a moment thought you were advocating for the ideas.[/quote]

Nor did I.

Yup!
I referred to the author of the article as in uninformed, unethical idiot, but I did not make any disparaging remarks about the OP.

:innocent:

Not the vodka I buy, I can guarantee you that. :wink:

1 Like

I think the last time I bought vodka was 1968. Now rum I think was 1974. Don’t know if you can use rum instead, 'cause I think I’ve still got some left.