Detail Your Car

IIRC, the author mentioned clay bars, and I know he mentioned club soda. Club soda is a good stain remover. Mrs JT always has a bottle in the laundry room. Since I saw something I know works, I wondered about the rest, even though a lot of them sound screwy. In the past, I laughed off ideas that I thought were incredibly stupid. There was a product to clean optics that I just knew couldn’t possibly iork as advertised. It turns out is every bit as good as advertised, and has been found to be even better than that. Since that time, I’ve learned not to let my education get in the way of looking at stuff I am skeptical of. Oh, and vinegar is acetic acid, and will clean windows.

It’s acidity will also eat metal. That’s why ammonia (basic) is preferable for cars.

Rum often has sugar added post-distillation to sweeten it. I imagine that would not be good for the car. If nothing else, you’d attract bees. :wink:

The vinegar was watered down. Mild acid is not aggressive enough to damage anything quickly, and that offers the opportunity to rinse it off.

Jt, I understand your comment on not passing judgment until trying something. Experimentation is an important part of science. But in the case of this article, even those few that might work don’t make any sense. Soap and vodka mixed would work for windshield wash, but vodka is what, $270/gallon?
https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+much+does+a+gallon+of+vodka+cost&form=PRUSEN&pc=EUPP_U146&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=e6739da770c9477ca1479a4a28d505f7&pq=how+much+does+a+gallon+of+vodka+cost&sc=1-36&sp=-1&qs=n&sk=&cvid=e6739da770c9477ca1479a4a28d505f7
Winter mix windshield wash is about $2.49/gallon. :scream:

I support your right to use vodka if you prefer, but I’ll stick with Windshield Wash. :grinning:

And the stinky cloths pins on the air vents? What will your date think?
Face it, the list is good only for a laugh. I sincerely hope nobody is foolish enough to try many of the ideas.

1 Like

Keep filling out search terms like that and you’ll start getting targeted ads for the Betty Ford clinic. :wink:

LOL, what better way to meet famous people! :grin:

1 Like