Denise's gas gauge

Rather than spending several hundred getting her gas gauge fixed, Denise should spend about $160 on a ScanGauge II. This is a device that plugs into the computer port of your car (generally just under the steering wheel) and velcros to the dashboard. It will display (among many other things) BOTH “trip” mileage and an estimate of the amount of gas remaining in the tank, based on tank capacity and the engine signals that tell it how much gas is being used.

What Are The Specifics Of Denise’s Gas Gauge Problems And What Make, Model, And Model-Year Is The Vehicle ?

CSA

Ran over something and now the gas gauge is off. If you want to know what make/model/year, listen to the show.

Cheaper yet…Set your trip meter. Fill up every 200 miles or according to your mileage per

Except that was a bone of contention. Denise needed the trip meter to measure business trips.

If the gasoline tank on Denise’s car is made out of metal, it is possible that the ice chunk she hit bowed in the tank. Sometimes, all that is required to return the tank to its original condition is to put some grease on a plumber’s plunger, clean off the dented part of the tank, attach the plunger and pull.

At the very least, I would have a mechanic look at the tank.

How about spend a hundred bucks on a GPS unit that will keep track of every business trip?

The gas gauge in my car hasn?t worked for quite some time, so I reset the trip odometer at every fill-up. I use the trip odometer to determine when I need to fill up, but I use the GPS, and reset it every day, to see how far I?m driving each day, or how far I go on a specific trip.

Denise should use the trip odometer to keep track of the gas in the tank. She can use Google Maps – or the like – to keep track of her reimbursable mileage. She can simply enter the addresses she visits on her reimbursable trips and the mileage will be calculated. Google Maps also allows you to adjust your route if you drive a different one from the one or more alternatives they come up with. Their routes don’t take into account the number of traffic lights or current construction , for example, on the route. Sometimes a longer, circuitous route is faster because of such conditions.