Defeating auto start/stop in 2017 Cadillac XT5

cadillac
xt5

I am considering defeating the auto start/stop feature on my 2017 XT5. Anyone having any info. would be appreciated. Dealer says no way to do it. Hey it’s a computer. Shouldn’t be but a programming issue.

The first concern is will the defeating have any effect on your warranty. If you have a button to turn it off why can’t that become a normal routine just like pushing a garage opener button or changing a radio station.

Is IS nothing but a programming issue… but one with consequences to the manufacturer if his dealer defeats it. The dealer is not allowed to “re-engineer” the cars unless approved by the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, seems your XT-5 doesn’t have a button to disable this feature every time you drive it. The only way I’ve read to turn it off is to set the transmission to “sport mode” or “manual shift” mode every time you drive and keep it there.

There may be aftermarket sources who can defeat this permanently but a quick search didn’t find one.

What bothers you about it?

Yeah, doesn’t look like there’s an option to deactivate it. I’d get used to it, learn how to get it to act the way I wanted.

It worked perfectly seamlessly on a Chevy Cruze I rented a year or two ago. Has Cadillac not done it right?

Yeah, that’s what I did when I had a BMW rental in Austria. At first it was annoying, but I stopped focusing on the start/stop and it eventually became part of the background.