Dash lite problem

I have a 2004 Toyato Camry. Recently the gas cap waas left loose and the dash lite with “Check” on the right side of the panel came on. When the cap was tightned, the lite stayed on. I called the dealer and he said that it would cost $70 to turn the lite off or if I wanted to continue to drive the car, the computer in the car would eventually reset and turn the lite off. Does anyone know how to turn this light off without it costing $70?

To turn it off you need the special tool, a computer interface. Assuming there is no other issues the light will turn off. I believe it takes a certain number of start, run a minimum amount of time
(or reach operating temperature) and turn off cycles.

Some places will read and maybe rest them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts.

If you have your manual…look for toyota customer service number…try them…the dealer maybe is trying to cash in on your problem.

"… the computer in the car would eventually reset and turn the lite off. "

The dealer already gave you the free method. I suggest you do nothing. The light will eventually go off.

Thanks for all the advice. I’ll let it go for a while. Thanks again for the help.