CX90 vs QX60?

Looking for opinions from people on these two choices. Looking at top trim for CX90 - signature in Canada and QX60 sensory.

BTW, IMHO, YOLO. Just do it.

1 Like

Mazda? No. Infiniti yes.
Infiniti will have fewer issues from start
And Mazda will self destruct after warranty expires.

For those who don’t know, “YOLO” is an acronym for “Waste Money on Stupid Sh… That You Don’t Need Because You Deserve It”. I live by the idea that “a penny saved is a penny earned” and I like to save as much money as possible. I like to buy cheap, old used cars and drive them until they have broken down and cannot be repaired again.

My advice, as always is to find a more economical used vehicle, and drive it until it is completely used up, then repeat.

Try them. The Mazda is new, supposed to be excellent I read. I’d prefer a Mazda in general, good reliability.

1 Like

Mazda and Subaru attract oddballs.
You can tell a lot by what a person drives

We can also tell a lot by what a person posts.

Consumer Reports rates the CX90 3 out of 5 for reliability and 4 out of 5 for owner satisfaction. They rate the QX60 2 out of 5 for reliability and 3 out of 5 for owner satisfaction. These are close enough that I’d take both for a long test drive, like 30 minutes or more, and decide based on that. This test should cover owner satisfaction. The reliability ratings are compressed these days. Except for the lowest category all have 96% reliability or higher. To me 2 vs 3 is pretty close.

3 Likes

Bill, I’ve got to remind you, there are no pockets in a burial shroud. :wink:

4 Likes

So do I, and since I am still able to save/invest–on average–$2k per month from my retirement earnings, I have decided to treat myself as well as possible in my few remaining years. In case you hadn’t thought about it, you wouldn’t be able to buy reliable used cars if not for people like me, who are not into deprivation, and who trade their cars in while they are still in good condition.

Yup! I didn’t really internalize that expression when my late mother used to say it, but it has become one of my maxims, now that I am in my mid-70s.

2 Likes

Seems like some folks think the Infiniti is much more luxurious. It’s not, it’s an upgraded Pathfinder. Nice, but not a big difference.

2 Likes

Me too. If i may quote “Saul Bloom” played by Carl Reiner in “Oceans 12” " i want the last check i write to bounce".

No, that’s not me. My two heirs will be very well taken care of, and I don’t plan on leaving any debt.

Ill probably leave $40k in credit card debt. The banks can well afford to write it off.

Nissan didn’t even do a very good job of concealing the Pathfinder basis for the QX60.
Infiniti:

Nissan:

Anyway, here is C&D’s take on that Infiniti model:

1 Like

Wouldn’t the biggest difference be that one is a Hybrid and the other is not??? I may be mistaken but everything I see shows the CX90 as a Hybrid…

Also, you might want to check tire prices for the size tire so you will not been in shock when you have to replace them… lol

That’s one of three engine options:
2024 Mazda CX-90 Review, Pricing, and Specs (caranddriver.com)

1 Like

OK Thanks Texases, Mr Google kept adding PHEV to my searches… Google and I don’t always get along… lol

Are you sure? Mazda was No. 2 in reliability in 2021 (According to Consumer Reports).

Plus also, Mazdas have slightly nicer interiors and layouts compared to Infiniti IMHO. I was in a Infiniti Q50 once and the interior was extremely dated. The backup camera was laggy, there were hard plastics on the dashboard, the dual-screen setup was confusing, the floor parking brake pedal didn’t feel like a luxury experience (Considering Nissan is trying to advertise Infiniti as a luxury/premium brand), lack of any safety tech or modern driving aids (if you considered this important in your car buying decision).

I have a 2022 Mazda3 with no issues so far. The interior IMHO feels a lot nicer and the rotary dial feels more intuitive than the dual screen setup in the Infiniti. The Mazda has a lot more soft touch materials.

For Mazda vs. Infiniti in driving experience, IDK. I couldn’t drive the Infiniti (It was an Avis rental and the minimum age to drive a luxury car there was 25, I was 18 at the time). It was cool that the Infiniti can go up to 9000 RPM and the sound was pretty badass.

I think some piece of advice for you and OP would be to test drive both and see which car you are comfortable with.

Every CX90 is a hybrid. There is a 4 cylinder plug-in hybrid that can be driven on electric only, gas only, or both (hybrid). There is an inline 6 turbo mild hybrid that has a 48 volt battery used to supplement the engine but can not propel the car. The standard and high output 6 cylinder engines are identical, the difference in output is achieved by fuel octane, turbo boost, and tuning.

Well that is what I was seeing and thought but could not confirm it… That is why I posted about the biggest difference is that one is a hybrid and one is not… like I said, me and Mr Google don’t always get along…