Cut wire under drivers seat?

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Nissan Sentra and noticed when adjusting the drivers seat that there is a fat wire underneath that seems to be cut (you can feel the wire has been cut and there is gooey stuff coming out of it). Does anyone know what those wires go to? I don’t have electronic seat controls or anything, just the very basic SV. Thank you in advance for any and all opinions!

2014 has warranty.Use it

I think that wire is used when attaching the upholstery. I’ve seen it before when I had seats out for one reason or another. You still might want it looked at however.

My Corolla has a wire under the seat that is used for the seat belt alarm. It connects to something that tells the alarm system if the driver has their seat belt fastened or not, and makes a noise if they don’t. It’s a very annoying trait, so I could see why someone might want to cut that wire. Don’t know if this applies to your Nissan, but it might. Do you hear an annoying alarm noise if you try to drive the car without the seat belt fastened?

Follow Volvo’s wise advice. Whatever the wire is to or for, you should not have a gooey wire loose under the seat, and these issues are one of the reasons you have a warranty. I’m sure it’ll turn out to be nothing, but don’t take my word for it… let the dealer check it out.