Cuban chrome

MG,you should be around here when the “British” car owners rally at the “Homestead” resort,pretty interesting to say the least,when a string of them tool up and down the twisty things we call highways through here.
A thought do these groups bring a mechanic with them?I dont think the modern local Guys could deal with these vehicles very well,I know of a Jag V-12 that has sat on a repair lot for years because of a corroded stud in the aluminum block.

@Bing, I’m not sure of all the particulars, or at exactly what point the family got out. I was told by the earliest owner I knew (a real car guy who usually chose either his 300SL Gullwing or Porsche 911 to drive to work) that it was in 1959. That would have been after the revolution. I suppose a lot of palms had to be greased in order to get the car out, not to mention the family.

@Kevin, Most guys who take cars to meets like that, and there are MANY, are very capable of working on their own cars. Some of the members of our local British Car Club have gone on 3000 mile jaunts. One couple that I’ve known since 1980 drove their MGA all the way to California for a meet, and toured for a couple of weeks. They enjoyed it so much, that they stored the car and flew back the next year for more. (It’s nice to be a retired attorney.)