Cruise Control

I have a 1986 Ford F-150 with 4WD, and 302 V8 engine. The cruise control on this truck always increases the set speed. When I first bought it used with about 33,000 miles on it, it would increase the set speed by about 2-3 miles per hour. It now has 80,000 miles on it and it gains about 9-10 miles per hour. Everything works on the controls, such as resume, coast, on off, and disengaging when the brake is applied. But every time you hit the set button, it will speed up 9-10 miles per hour. I have changed the control module with another used one but it still gives the same results. Can anyone help on this, so I can get this problem fixed. Help!

The last thing I am interested in is a 21-year old truck with a broken cruise control. There must be other, more specialized places where you can take this query. There are too many questions like this on the board. Sorry, time for me to take a hike.

Bye Ray thanks for stopping in.

To attempt a solution to your cruise control fault: you may have a faulty Excell switch as one other poster on here recently had.