Cruise control shuts off randomly

I dont mean to answer for Tester… But its clear what he is after.

Yes turn it back on and do the pedal lift. I believe Tester wants to see if your brake pedal is pushing on that adjustable brake light switch with just enough force so that a bump in the road makes the pedal trigger the brake light switch… again that switch is adjustable for sensitivity. Usually it is threaded to allow proper adjustment. It may be a bit too tight up against the pedal or too far away actually (based on how that switch works, it may need to be snugged up more, more on that later) and too easily triggered. If this is the case…you will see the issue you have.

By pulling the pedal up with your toesies…it eliminates that scenario from happening…because you are isolating the pedal with your foot…not allowing it to press upon that new switch and or trigger it in any way.

I can explain in detail how that switch triggers but…this is a great test to perform. Knowing the result we can then tell you how to adjust it yourself… If you can change a light bulb, you are qualified !

Blackbird

If you haven’t yet checked out the switch on the clutch pedal I suggest you do that. Your vehicle is at the age where either the brake or clutch switches can give you trouble and you have already replaced the brake switch.

I would have to agree since both have the potential to shut down the cruise. However since the brake switch was the last item to be touched…I would lean thata way.

Blackbird