Cranks but no start

ok so i have a 1980 ford f100 manual 6cylinder. i just bought a new battery because the truck was always dying on me at a light for instance and if i left it over night it wouldnt start the next day without a jump. with the new battery it starts right up. i also just got new spark plugs. anyway my question is i started it up today. and it was fine. i then turned it off and went inside and when i came back outside to leave all the sudden it doesnt turn on anymore. it cranks fine but it wil not start. i put more gas in it and nothing. the battery terminals are brand new. im pretty sure i checked all the connections right. can anyone help me?

You posted a second time for some reason.
Make sure the coil cable to the distributor is connected and that the coil is connected to the 12vdc. I don’t recall much on that truck but I am sure it must have all of that.

If you have some starting fluid, try that to see it you can bring it back to life.

Let us know.

i kinda wanted a better title and also more chances for an answer…i dont know haha

im not a car whiz. but all the wires coming and going to the distributor seem to be connected as far as i can tell. and im not quite sure where the vdc thing is…im learnin as i go here. i followed the wires and they all look right. what is the vdc anyway?

Have you checked to determine if it is getting spark? Buy one new spark plug. Carry the plug with you and the next time it does not start, get out and pull one plug wire off (pull on the socket part not the wire) put the new plug on that wire and hold the threads of the plug tight against the engine block while you have someone try to start the car. You should see a bright blue spark, and if you are not holding the plug with an insulated tool, you will also see stars! This can rule out a spark problem.

i will try that thanks. i will report back.