CR compares the new Ford Ranger and the Chevy Colorado

Yeah, I know some like to hunt deer, I don’t have an issue with that. Just odd that people would be macho enough to hunt, kill, field dress, and eat deer. But not macho enough to eat a goat lol.

Never really been a big hunter, myself. Just never got into it. I do like to fish, though.

I like deer meat, and I don’t hunt. I grew up in the suburbs, and it has always been illegal to hunt where I live. I never knew anyone that hunted, so I couldn’t go with them. We have deer hunts once a year in the state park behind my house, but you have to be a vetted, expert bow hunter to go on that hunt. My son in law hunts deer on his grandmother’s farm. Maybe when he takes over the farm I’ll go with him. They also hunt quail, turkey, and anything else that looks good to eat.

Shouldn’t Your spellcheck have changed hunted to haunted. :smiley:
Sorry, but I could not avoid it.

1 Like

My grandfather was a big quail hunter years ago. You don’t see quail around here anymore. Something about large farm fields vs small, broken up fields has reduced their habitat. And I think fire ants (which we didn’t really have around here when I was a kid) kill their chicks. Quail meat is fine stuff, though. I do remember that.

That has NOTHING to do with reliability

Plenty of Tempos, Cavaliers, Chevettes, etc. were sold . . . and some of those weren’t very reliable

Still, you’d think if they (ecoboost engines) were failing early, you’d hear more about it given the volume sold. And it would stand to reason people would eventually stop buying them, especially since there’s still a V8 option in the F150. I originally thought I wouldn’t have a turbo gas v6 in a truck and that it would be a huge issue. The longer the engine continues in production, I start to think it must be an ok motor.

Not necessarily . . .

I can think of any number of engines, transmissions, even entire auto brands that were pure garbage, yet it wasn’t common knowledge

You’d be surprised . . .

Some people get burnt . . . and then they go right back to the dealership and buy the exact same brand, transmission, engine, etc. that gave them so much trouble in the first place

Apparently some people just can’t or don’t want to learn from their mistake(s)

I profoundly disagree with you on that point, as well

Again, I can think of a few engines AND transmissions that were :poop: from the very first day of production until the last day of production, several years later

It’s like the old expression “putting lipstick on a pig” :pig:

I had a '93 Ranger, 4.0 supercab, sliding rear window. This truck never let me down, but my neighbors were constantly getting home improvements, leading to a beautiful truck being banged up. Some did get a license plate #, but the contractors never responded to my insurance carrier, this was life in San Francisco.

In Mexico, I drove the same truck, with a different name, B-Series. Now, I drive the Vibe.

I saw a new ranger a few weeks ago; like most small pickups, it has grown a lot, I was not impressed, due to favoring smaller vehicles, they fit me better.