Buying a car

so im looking into buying a mid sizes truck and im looking at the Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier and a Toyota Tacoma on a budget but dont wana make the wrong buy what should i know about the Colorado?

Consumer Reports magazine says it’s unrefined, has lower than average reliability, and is far surpassed by it’s competitors.

Owner satisfaction is low.

It’s less expensive for a reason. Several reasons, actually.

I test drove one awhile back, with the V8 in it. It was pretty quick for a truck, but it lacked one major thing for me; when I pushed the brake pedal in, it felt like I was trying to stop the Chevelle I owned, as in I’d push the pedal down and it was more a suggestion than an order.
Now, the model I drove had been sitting on the lot for awhile, so my experience may differ from yours, but take that into consideration. This will be one of the few times I’ll recommend the Toyota over the others.

These compact trucks come in different configurations. You csn get a regular cab, extended cab, or 4 door crew cab. You can get 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. There are different engines from 4 cylinder to V-8. The Chevrolet Colorado tested by Consumer Reports was a 4 wheel drive crew cab with the 5 cylinder engine and automatic transmission. I would guess that a bare bones Chevrolet Colorado with 2 wheel drive, regular cab, 4 cylinder engine and manual transmission would be a completely different performing truck than what Consumer Reports tested.
The Toyota Tacoma, the Nissan Frontier and the Ford Ranger also come in different flavors. Decide what you need and compare similar trucks across the board.