Could anyone tell me how much the door repair would cost?

New doors are $675 each. Complete used door assemblies range between $400 and $750, this will not be an inexpensive repair either way.

You’d be surprised. I’ve had two different vehicles 4 months old totaled by drunks, one parked in my driveway while I was in bed. That was an interesting insurance call. The modern nationwide salvage parts market has come a long way from the local wrench it yourself. I’d bet dollars to donuts you could find the doors and at least one in a matching black.

Point is the guy has a one year old car that he drove into a pole and will now have repaired accident damage in the car history. He asked about the cheapest fix. What he’s out of pocket depends on his deductible that we don’t know. We also don’t know what his relationship with his insurer is like. His resale value has already taken a hit. He just better hope the pillar isn’t affected. However he proceeds I stand by my original comment that it will cost more than he wants it to. Instead of listening to us banging around in the dark, he should at least consult a reputable body shop.

BTW he shouldn’t wait too long if he chooses to go the insurance route or they will decline for lack of timely notice.

Complete? A regulator alone can go close to $200.

So how much can be saved with buying used doors? This is still a $2,000 repair.

I think more, and savings is savings. We weren’t asked to spend this guys money for him.

Where my wife and I live (in PA) her car had damage like this from someone hitting her car, an adjuster from our ins co had the door replaced.