Costco gas causing pickup to stall?

I’ve got a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup. It’s got 145k miles. I’ve been using Costco gas in it for the last two years with no problems. One day, it randomly decided to start stalling out on me. It stalled out 3 times driving at low speed. I didn’t have time to work on it, so I just put some good Exxon gas in there and hoped for the best until I could look into it further. Problem went away. I cleaned out the IAC for good measure. When I finished up that tank of gas a few days later, I went back to Costco. The truck begins stalling again. Is there a problem with the gas? Or is there something I should look at on my truck?

Contaminated fuel tanks are always a worry. If a tankful of gas from another station fixes the problem, I’d let the manager know you have a problem with his gas and avoid using it for a while.

I agree with Busted Knuckles. Any fuel tank can get contaminated. A certain gas station in my area spent big bucks to try and resolve a water leak in it’s fuel tanks. It turned out that a disgruntled employee was using a water hose to add water directly into the fuel supply. A security camera across the street caught him when it was finally checked.

I agree with the others

Tell the Costco manager about the situation

But be prepared for him to behave as if you’re on drugs. He will probably claim that bad gas isn’t possible because of the strict quality controls

It has been my experience that managers will initially deny that there is a problem.

Yep gotta agree. A year or so ago around here, the trucks got too much alcohol from a supplier and they had problems at certain stations in three states. Like about 40 plus % alcohol. Did some damage.

There are coincidental impacts, this may be one, but is your fuel filter change up to date?

I’m sure my truck is overdue on the fuel filter and every other scheduled maintenance procedure. And I have not had problems filling the Grand Cherokee or the Altima with Costco gas. So I am leaning towards blaming my truck. But, why then would the Exxon premium fuel make the stalling go away?