Correct Tire Pressure for 2000 Honda Accord SE 4 Cyl

What should it be? Thanks in advance.

According to this website, http://www.drivegreen.com/Auto%20Tire%20Pressure/honda.htm the correct pressure is 32 psi. Check the the placard on the driver’s door to verify. I keep the tire pressure on all my vehicles (93 Caprice, 2000 Blazer, 2006 Sienna) between 32 and 35 psi.

Ed B.

As Ed B. stated, the correct tire pressure is printed on the placard affixed to the door jamb of the driver’s door–below the latch mechanism.

In the interest of longer tread life, better handling, and slightly better fuel economy, I always boost my tire pressure to 2 or 3 lbs. over the pressures listed on the placard. This is an individual issue, but I prefer the sharper handling afforded by the slightly higher tire pressures.

Old school tire store back in NH: Put as much air in the tires as your 'roids can handle without exceeding the maximum pressure printed on the tire. For small and mid-size sedans or wagons, the max. pressure is usually listed as 35 psi. If you want a softer ride, then stick with the door panel sticker recommendation and check the recommendation on the tire. See Ed B.'s comment, above.

Professor–That is NOT good advice, as the handling characteristics of some vehicles can be dangerously altered by using the maximum inflation pressure listed on the tire. Yes, I know that none of the modern cars on the road is as sensitive to tire pressures as the old Corvair was, but your suggestion still has the potential to induce dangerous (and unexpected) handling characteristics in some vehicles.

Also, inflating tires to the maximum allowable pressure is likely to lead to increased wear and tear on ball joints and other front end components, especially if someone lives in an area with rough roads.

Professor,

You need to get out more. Most tires for small to midsize sedans and wagons will list a maximum pressure of 44 psi on the sidewall - some as high as 51. It would be very bad “Juju” to use those values.

As said above, use the placard value - if the size is the same as the placard - and a few more psi will make the vehicle a little tauter, but at the expense of the ride.