Corolla fog lights

hello guys, i’d like to install fog lights on my corolla 2010. the problem that i cannot insert the wires from the engine to the dashboard. any one know from where can i insert the wires?

I Like And Have Installed And Used A Fog Light Kit That Has All The Wiring, Relay, And Receiver Under The Hood Of The Car. No Wiring To Dash Is Necessary As There Is Only A Wireless Remote Control Device For The Driver.

I recommend this remote controlled system. Once the lights are mounted it only takes a couple of minutes to hook up.

Otherwise, you’ll have to probably find a grommet that already exists where other wires go from engine to dashboard and put your wires through it, too.

CSA

Locate and remove an existing wire(cable) rubber grommet from the firewall.

Once free, thread your wires through the grommet, pulling through enough length to reach the LOW beam (OR separate fuse protected private) switch.

Most factory fog lamp switches are hooked up to ONLY work when the LOW beam headlamps are activated. Usually there is a separate fog lamp switch, but is wired to the low beam switch.

Ensure you aim the fog lamp beams according to the proper specs. Contact a Toyota dealership and they’ll give you the specs if instructions didn’t come with your lamps.

thank you guys

Most factory fog lamp switches are hooked up to ONLY work when the LOW beam headlamps are activated. Which is true, but if you really need fog lamps, you want to be able to turn the low and high beams OFF (while maintaining the rear lamps.)

Fog lamps work because they are illuminating the road in front of you from a different angle than you are seeing.  Fog tends to reflect light the most in the direction the light is coming, so they are usually mounted low so as to reduce that kick back light that reduces your vision.  

On some cars you may need to replace the headlamp switch to accomplish this. A European switch may be available for your car witch will do this.