Compressor froze

1. AC compressor froze up. I would like to bypass the compressor. Where can I get a belt from to do this?

You can’t.

The 98 Lesabre was never offered without AC.

So there was no such belt produced.

Instead, an AC compressor by-pass pulley is installed.

Tester

thanks. I can’t measure without the compressor and find a belt that would work?

Nope!

That’s why they make these by-pass pulleys.

Tester

OK. Wanted to avoid having to take the compressor off

Either fix the compressor or remove and install the by pass pulley there is no other way.

I can’t speak for the LeSabre without car in hand and thinking things over a bit but with some engines one can move a few things around and come up with a belt to do the job while leaving the compressor in place.

I recently made mention of the compressor clutch shelling itself on my Lincoln. Changing the compressor is a bit of a job (nightmarish) and going through a few surgical procedures right now I chose to put this job off. After staring at it for about 15 minutes I moved the idler and the tensioner pulleys around by swapping each one into the other’s place. Measured it while allowing a bit less for tensioner movement, bought a new shorter belt, rerouted it differently, and voila. Works fine. Fix it right after the next surgery.

Whether this is possible on your engine I have no idea. Depends on the pulley layout and how much ingenuity you put into the belt re-routing.

Don’t remove anything. Just pull the A/C compressor fuse or disconnect the power lead to the clutch. As long as the clutch turns freely , that’s all you need to do. You can also just turn the system OFF.
If you remove the compressor, you’ll make repairing the system later very expensive.
Replacing the belt would be a seriously hard chore as well. Even the original is a skinned knuckle chore.