Clutch sticks to the floor, please help :(

I own a Honda Accrod 2005 V6.

I don’t know much about cars, but for the past year my clutch gradually started to just stick to the floor. I’m now at 80,000 miles, the clutch doesn’t slip, and it for the most part drives fine with exception to this sticking. Sometimes when this happens, the stick shift stays in gear and I can’t get the stick out of gear until the clutch has been lifted up and pushed back in. It is def getting worse. I have brought it to several mechanics.

I have been told by Honda that I need to replace the clutch set (clutch disc, pressure plate, and throw out bearing) and the clutch master and slave cylinder.
After another mechanics look over, they also did confirm the same as honda but stated to get a new cut flywheel.

But after several other mechanics look-overs, they told me that the clutch is fine, so they recommended me to get the master and slave cylinders replaced.

So, trying to save money a mechanic told me to take one step at a time and see how it goes. He said he will bleed the slave and master cylinders and see if it is just an air pocket. That didn’t work, so I trusted him and he replaced the master cylinder, but the problem still exists. He said the next thing to do is maybe to do a new slave cylinder. I’m now contemplating.

Another mechanic took a look after the work was done and said there is no leaking.

Not sure what my next step should be or if anyone has any helpful advice.

Thanks for reading! Please respond if you have anything you’d like to share or recommend.

I would start by checking the clutch return spring (under the dash, it helps pull the pedal up), and then the clutch master cylinder. If it’s working fine otherwise, then it may just be a $2 spring.

Chase

There is no clutch pedal return spring on your vehicle. I looked it up. So I’m going with a bad clutch master cylinder.

Tester

The next step would be the slave cylinder, since the master cylinder has already been replaced.

This should not really be happening on a 2005 with only 80K miles. It’s unusual, to say the least, but if you’re having a problem you need to fix it.

I like the mechanic who has the “one-step-at-a-time” approach. Stick with him.

The Honda dealer is nuts; you don’t need a new clutch. It sounds like a hydraulic problem to me.