Clutch for daily uses, need to know which upgrades clutch would be the best

My advice: don’t over think it. A stock replacement clutch will save you money now and be more than adequate for your intended use.

+1
Ray & Tom used to tell the tale of one of their customers, whom they nicknamed “Heavy Duty”.
Whenever this guy’s car needed to have a part replaced, he would tell them that he wanted a replacement part that was “heavy duty”.

They followed his directive when he wanted a new “heavy duty” clutch, and he returned to the shop very quickly after the repair because he barely had enough leg strength to keep depressing the clutch pedal in city traffic. Unfortunately for him, he got exactly what he had requested.

:grimacing:

4 Likes

NY is a big state. Completely different driving conditions in NYC and rural central NY. You could drive for days in the rural parts of central NY without ever seeing another vehicle on the road.

I can trash a clutch in 5k miles. Without knowing how the previous driver(s) drove the car it’s impossible to tell how durable that clutch really was. If driven properly it might have lasted 150k miles.

I seriously doubt you need an upgrade clutch. Just buy one from a reputable company. Many clutches are rebuilt. They resurface the clutch-disc…smooth the pressure plate and replace the springs. The thrust bearing (aka…throw-out bearing) would have to be new. A properly rebuilt clutch is as good as new.

Some clutch manufacturers won’t warranty the parts unless you also have the fly-wheel resurfaced also.

2 Likes