Chrysler/Fiat auction off the first Canadian 500

fiat

http://www…or-85-000/

For a whopping $85,000 Canadian.

Hopefully the guy won’t want to trade it in for several years :stuck_out_tongue:

And it’s not even the Abarth model. I think the buyer may have slightly overpaid.

By a good 60 grand I’m assuming.
Makes me think of a story I heard about a new Challenger sitting in the used section of the local dodge dealership. Someone told me that the dealership wasn’t going to budge from their asking price of $41,000. Said the guy paid $60,000 to have the privilege of having one of the first Challengers that rolled off the assembly line. So, they had a one year old, used SRT-8 Challenger sitting on their lot with an asking price of basically, a brand new one.

“So, they had a one year old, used SRT-8 Challenger sitting on their lot with an asking price of basically, a brand new one.”

And, since it is possible to buy either a brand-new Mustang or brand-new Camaro–either of which is superior to the mediocre Challenger in every way–for the same price, that Challenger may sit for quite a while unless the dealer lowers his asking price.

I think they did sell it, but I haven’t been down that way to find out. It’s been about a year since I was there

Am I the only one who realizes that there’s a reason why Fiat had to leave the US many years ago?

Only time will tell if history repeats itself or not. From my understanding, Fiat has gotten better over the years, so it may turn out nicely for them.