Chevy Tahoe 2007 Stabilitrak service light (automatic transmission)

Chevrolet Tahoe 2007

This service light came on 2 weeks ago. The next day, the car seemed to be trying to switch from 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive. Took it to the dealer who found nothing. We drove the car for 2 days without any service lights coming on. Then the switching ( 2 to 4 WD) started again, but this time the transmission would not go above 1st gear. Pulled over and turned off the engine, then tried to restart it. Nothing. Dead. A few minutes later, we go it back home. Had CAA tow it back to the dealer. It’s been a week and they found nothing. They are looking for engine codes that would explain the problem.

Is this an electrical problem or a sensor issue?

Has the dealer looked at the no start problem? I would have a close look at the battery, alternator, and general 12 volt system. Since everything from the Engine Control Module, Body Control Module, Transmission Control Module, ABS, and stability control system reply on a steady, noise free power supply, I would scope the power sources to see if the voltage is holding constant; that there is not too much ripple; and an absence of noise.

Hope this helps.

I think the dealer is relying on a code reader, although the mechanic has taken it for several test drives and was unable to duplicate the problems we encountered. Thanks for your comments.