Chevy Captiva MPG and safety ratings?

I am considering buying a used fleet Chevy Captiva but can’t find expected city/hwy MPG or crash safety information anywhere. Nothing in Consumer Reports, nothing from www.iihs.org and nothing from www.fueleconomy.gov. The auto dealership doesn’t even know and the sticker on the car is blank. Does anyone have any leads? If not, I may go with the base models of Kia Sorento, Mazda CX-5, Hyundai Santa Fe or Subaru Forester.

If you do some research on the old Saturn Vue, you should be able to find the information that you are seeking. Although they have not put the Saturn logo on this dog since the demise of that GM division in 2007, the Chevy Captiva is essentially the same vehicle as the Saturn Vue, with only cosmetic differences between the two models.

If this is a US Captiva, you can get the gas mileage information at:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.shtml

Browse by 2012/2013 model and select either AWD or FWD.

Thank you! I don’t know why I couldn’t find it there when I looked before. Now my issue is that my present insurance company will not insure the Captiva because of it’s history as a fleet vehicle. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something…

Try another insurer. I’m surprised that your current auto insurer won’t cover anything that can be registered in your state. Did they say why? A lot of unpopular cars end up as fleet vehicles. The last generation of Chevy Malibu had huge fleet sales (rental companies), yet I never heard that it could not be insured because it was a popular fleet car.

Do not rely on figures of the Saturn Vue for this vehicle.

This is a new vehicle in the states. It is designed by Daewoo (a GM susbsid) and is a little smaller than the Vue/Equinox. I have seen a few of these and looked on Chevys website, it was not even listed (yet).