Cheap gasoline in the usa

I always did like a good whine.

i wonder why octane ratings are much higher here in the uk? 95 is the lowest upto 99 for super,although b.p has just brought out 102 octane!!!

i also like a good wine whilst im having a good whine!!ha ha.

If you think that you are ripped off by the oil companies, get a load of this. Our oil industry got 18 Billion in tax subsidy. The total ammount of government subsidies is 20 Billion. At a time when Oil companies are making record profits.
But we have some really spineles people representing us. All you have to do to our politicians is throw a dollar bill at them and say shut up. And they always do.
I love the way you can get rid of a PM in his mid term if he does a bad job.

And, if you do it in a particularly good year, it is considered to be Vintage Whine!

No, the current occupant of The White House wants them referred to as Freedom Fries. He is very sensitive to the fact that the French were correct about Iraq.

Sorry, George, but somebody had to say it!

;-))

A different method is used for computing octane rating in the UK, as opposed to the US.

And that is why so much is wasted in the US with little support for public transit and all those gas hogs that are sold.

Its a different scale so 95 is like 90

We’ll serve no whine before it’s time.

I’m just curious what kind of income tax rates you have to pay.

I live in California, so we pay both US and CA income taxes. We’re not an unusual couple; both have college degrees, and both work in IT, so part of our income is taxed at the maximum rate (27% for the Feds, 11% for CA), for an approximate 30% tax rate. On top of that, we pay Social Security, which is another huge chunk.

In my zip code, it’s $3.90 for premium, $3.70 for regular.

I think you’d probably find that if you added up all your taxes, and we added up all ours, you’d find the amount we give to the government is about the same (as a percentage, given comparable salaries).

On the other hand, I remember seeing British salaries while I was there and remembering that if I moved to Britain, no matter how hard I tried, I’d probably get a huge salary cut. I don’t think an IT worker in Britain gets anything like the salary of an IT worker in California.

$3.15 for regular in Denver, $3.95 for diesel…The differences in fuel costs are all taxes. The fuel itself is a global commodity and it costs about the same everywhere. In the U.S., gasoline taxes (state and federal combined) amount to around .55 cents per gallon.

I think everybody is missing the issue here!

You could get a Charger with a slant-6 and a manual transmission that will easily get into the mid-20’s. Especially with imperial gallons! Even the smaller V8 models weren’t too bad. I had a big Dodge pickup truck with the 318 V8, and on a good day it would get about 20-21 MPG on the highway, and it was a massive vehicle with an early-70’s vintage automatic transmission in it. The same motor with a manual in a car would probably do much better.

in england the basic tax rate is 20 % rising to 40 % once you earn over ?25000.then we have to pay national insurance which is another 5 %,(thats like your social security )an i.t worker gets about ?28000 over here,im just a driver for the local government and get ?18000.and whatever you do dont move to england,its always cool and wet!currently 53 degrees and drizzle!at 2pm local time,id sooner be in california with all that sun!

Chips are still around part of Eastern Canada and Maine. Above the border there is an influence for whatever reason of England lingering.

why would anyone want a 6 cylinder charger?id love a 440ci big block in hemi orange with a big 01 on the side!!(1969 model of course.) i actually saw one near me a couple of years ago,but bo and luke wernt driving it ! here in england we all drive small cars with tiny engines,my ford puma 1.6 litre is only 103bhp,but its a small coupe with great aerodynamics so will do 125mph,and average 40mpg.but our “petrol” prices are rediculous at ?5.25 per gallon now!thats $10 at our exchange rate.

127 degrees Fahrenheit is not cool, unless you’re using actual Fahrenheit measurements to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, doesn’t England use the Imperial gallon for it’s vehicles, where 4.5L = gallon instead of 3.8L?

Try snow for change…

3.40 in Spokane Wa. today.3.19 in Afton Wy. but that right on top of the oil field and close to a refinery. Spokane get most of car gas from Billings Mt. and Salt Lake City Ut. via pipe line. The aditional road Taxes are some of the highest in the country,here in Wa.The refineries created a gas shortage last summer,when they started producing low sulfer diesel.They discovered they could charge exorbitant prices and because diesel is used primarily for transportation and heavey industry the refineries could sell all the produced.They cut way back on gas production,and the price of gas went to over 3.00 a gallon.The people here in Spokane cut their useageant the price fell to 2.30 and started the slow climb to 2.85. And then for no apparent reason prices jumped to todays 3.40. The refineries and distributors say their reserves are up. Our country used to have laws that protect it’s citizens from corporate abuse. I’m giving up on gas and going electric.I’ll miss the sound and power of an internal combustion engine,but I can’t keep putting up with the corporate abuse.

yeah in england the weather centre quotes in celsius,but i always prefer to use fahrenheit,(sorry,i should of said degrees fahrenheit!)and a gallon is 4.546 litres in england,so i guess we get a bit more than you guys for a gallon.englands strange though,because we use celcius for temperature,litres for petrol,kilogrammes for weight measure,but miles per hour for speed!most people prefer the old days of fahrenhiet,gallons,pounds,but its damn europe that keeps on trying to change everything!!