Cheap E85

Local dealers are selling E85 for $1.20 below gas prices to gauge whether price alone will increase sales? Really? You think? They are going to than sell it for $1 less, than 0.80 less and 0.60 less. You think they will see a pattern?

Since it gets 30% less mpgs, $1.20 less is actually about the breakeven price. Not that good a deal.

I don’t follow your point. If they raise the price and you think it’s no longer worthwhile, then use the usual E10 instead. How does this hurt you?

I’m hoping for the day that EZero returns to our gas pumps.

I’m hoping for the day when all cars have Zero harmful emissions.

How many are going to see that 1.20 a gallon cheaper sign and start filling the tanks of their non-compatible cars with it…

Station owners will then get hammered with the you sold me bad gas complaints.

What is the typical price difference for reg gas/e85 n your locale? In my town, it’s usually 40 cents.

$0.40? What a ripoff for E85! If E10 sells for, say, $3.50 a gallon, you shouldn’t pay more than $2.45 for E85.

I’m hoping for the day when politicians become honest and faithful to their oath.
Zero ethanol gas would be nice too.

It makes a great racecar fuel if you swap carbs or recalibrate the fuel injection. Makes more HP, runs cooler and can handle high compression easily. That makes it worth the cost. High octane race gas costs $8-10 a gallon. If it only were consistent in the mix. E85 is not always 85% alky.

“I’m hoping for the day when politicians become honest and faithful to their oath.”

They are completely faithful - to the rich guys that bought them.

Jaded JT

missileman
I’m hoping for the day that EZero returns to our gas pumps.

the same mountainbike
Zero ethanol gas would be nice too.

Here in Iowa, which I thought was pretty much Ethanol-stan, it’s easy to find alcohol-free gas. I’m amazed it’s scarce elsewhere.

All our gas is E10. There is some E15 starting to show up. Why do u say E85 which is mostly ethanol should be so cheap? Seems to me E85 which is made from corn by good old USA union labor should cost much more than std gas

No reason to buy it if it’s not 30% cheaper. You lose that much in mpgs. And I have no interest in turning good exportable food into fuel,

Seems to me E85 which is made from corn by good old USA union labor should cost much more than std gas

I hate to tell you this…but the Oil industry is filled with Union workers. And I don’t know too many farmers who are in a union.

"What is the typical price difference for reg gas/e85 n your locale? "

I can’t recall ever seeing E85 offered for sale in MD. Good thing, too. It Is Garbage.

E85 is good for farmers, not cars

My wife’s hairdresser did not know that 10% ethanol gasoline resulted in poorer gas mileage. My mother-in-law did not know that small cars got better gas mileage than big cars. There you have it. They are allowed to vote.

No one in this area carries E85 and only a few places have Eanything. Few people want it including the farmers who get paid to grow the corn.

The farmers have an unofficial union. Let a congressman hold a town hall meeting and even hint at scaling back a farm program and there will be a strike… :slight_smile:

Once again thanks for the stupid comments which do not answer the question on e10, e15, e85 prices.