Chasing a Ferrari in a Volkswagen Golf

An amusing image:

Berger driving a Golf is a reasonable match for some yabbo in his Testarossa.

Years ago a Car and Driver editor was at the Toyota new car introduction at Laguna Seca. He drove a Supra, and was passed by a Tercel driven by Phil Hill.

1 Like

I drive a 2018 Lexus IS AWD fsport, and for whatever reason, every time a BMW 330 or 340i pulls up next to me, it tries to tease me.

It’s not like my car has any chance against those two, neither am I the type to engage in racing; I find it hilarious when they do that.

Our 54 ford stick v8 beat out that old Chevy coming off the stop light. The kid never had a chance. Dad was not to be trifled with and had a temper. I suspect you could do 60 in second gear no problem.

I can’t think of any worse car to steal than a Ferrari. So few of them exist, and they have a distinctive appearance, which almost everyone recognizes. A smart thief would steal something like a Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla, Dodge Caravan, etc. Millions of these models exist, and they easily blend into traffic. Much easier to evade detection and escape into the crowd. How the heck does anyone expect to get away with driving a stolen Ferrari???

Well, they did get away with it for 25 years!

3 Likes